Меню сайта

Случайная фотография
Форма входа
Логин:
Пароль:
Статистика

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум района Бутово » Район Бутово » Отдых и спорт в районе Бутово » Frolic facts. (High jinks facts.)
Frolic facts.
OliveGeloДата: Воскресенье, 06.12.2015, 15:36 | Сообщение # 1
Рядовой
Статус: Offline
be-all and end-all confront a dangerous adversary on his own ground two distinct ideas are run together here. The first is from the words of the young david explaining why he should be allowed to fight goliath: when he was a shepherd 'there came a lion i caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him' (i samuel, 17: 34-5). The second, which is first found added on in walter scott's poem marmion (1808), is a borrowing from a different story, that of daniel in the lion's den.Beat a (hasty) retreat - depart from the military beat retreat, beat a drum as a signal for retreat. In beat hollow (vanquish completely), 'hollow' is probably a corruption of 'wholly'. In off the beaten track (remotely situated; unusual), 'beaten' is used in its old sense of 'well-trodden', i.E. Beaten by feet.

And here's another truth!

The average person will accidentally eat just under a pound of insects every year.

Форум района Бутово » Район Бутово » Отдых и спорт в районе Бутово » Frolic facts. (High jinks facts.)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright © ОллБутово.ру